Monday, March 20, 2006

Cats

Of lately, I see many women bringing cats to our Buddhist temple. All of them perform the same ritual:

They place their cats on the altar in front of Big Buddha, and they recite a prayer that roughly sounds like, "O Buddha, please bless my cat and make it immune from virulent attacks of H5N1. And in case they are infected by H5N1, O Buddha, please infect me with the same virus and kill us all at the same time. As my cats are my companions, and I cannot live my life without them."

Strange, isn't it? And why is it that all women visiting the temple are still single? Is there a specific reason why single unmarried women prefer cats as their pets? I will try to meditate on that. But if you, dear reader, know the reason, please kindly enlighten me.

He loved her, he wanted her, he wanted to marry her, but he was afraid she would be infected by H5N1, thanks to her cat. Isn't Mother Nature cruel?

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger glenzo said...

They don't snore, fart, drink too much beer, sneer when your friends come over after shopping and spending silly amounts of money buying things that you will neither never wear or use, hang out with friends that you will never trust and are a risk to ones virginal friends, etc. Nuff said.

9:10 PM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and cats don't live half as long as humans, so you can change partners every few years. plus you can have a whole harem if you need to.

9:49 AM, March 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cats - jesus; eradicate them from the surface of palnet Earth!!!

7:55 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home