Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Would You Think Otherwise?

Early morning breakfast with my dear friend, I spot two Muslims on the next table. They could be from the Middle East, Pakistan, or Afghanistan. It doesn't matter. They all look the same.

Wearing weird clothes designed for the 19th century, they eat their food with hands and chew without closing their mouths.

"So, which terrorist organization you belong to?" I ask them.

They swear at me, and the look on their faces tells me they are pissed. "What makes you think we are terrorists?" one of them asks me.

I ask them, "You are Muslims, right?" They nod. "So now, everyone who is not a Muslim thinks Muslims or those who believe in Islam are connected with one terrorist group or the other. And yes, don't scorn at me. Following what your community has done around the world, would anyone think otherwise?"

Both of them threaten to beat me up. Fortunately, my friend interferes and drags me away from that restaurant.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow dude not cool

4:11 AM, January 11, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home